Florida Medical Window Tint Law Exemptions - What to Know And How to Get It.

Florida offers window tint exemptions for certain individuals that allows them to have sun screening, or window tinting, that is in violation of the requirements of Florida Statute sections 316.2951-316.2957, which set standards for window tinting on Florida vehicles.

Medical window tinting exemptions are available for Florida residents


Who Qualifies?

Drivers suffering from Lupus, Dermatomyositis, Albinism, Total or Facial Vitiligo, or Xeroderma Pigmentosum, or other Autoimmune diseases, which requires a limited exposure to light, may submit to their Doctor a form to allow darker tinting on their vehicles windows.

How Do I Apply?

Any drivers suffering from the above mentioned afflictions need an "Application For Sun Screening Medical Exemption" form signed by a qualified Physician. There is also an $8.70 fee for EACH vehicle that will part of the exemption. The window tint exemption is non-transferable and never expires.


Have any questions or comments about the window tinting medical exemption? Leave us a comment below!

14 comments

Hello,
I suffer from chronic migraines. I am a disabled veteran and I have been receiving botox shots in the head, neck and upper back for the last 3 years to help with the severity of the migraines. If is possible that this qualifies me for the exemption? I am light and heat sensitive when I have headaches or migraines. Thank you

Reply

The exemption is available through your physician and is at the discretion of he or she if you qualify.

Reply

Where do you take the form to?

Reply

The form needs to be signed by your physician and then taken to the DMV.

Reply

what do you take to the window tinting place to get the right tint ?

Reply

You can take your approved medical exemption form to any local reputable window tinting shop and they can best direct you on the proper tinting for your vehicle.

Reply

Where do I obtain the medical exemption form?

Reply

If im driving my parents car and my dad has a tint prescription and i get pulled over by myself can i get ticketed?

Reply

My dermatologist signed the application for my vehicles in Florida. Recently I sold two cars, do I need to reapply all over again with another medical form from my doctor?

Reply

Your local DMV should be able to provide you with the form you need.

Reply

Great question! The exemption is for the vehicle, not necessarily the person driving it. With that said, there is nothing stopping an officer from giving you a ticket which you would then have to contest.

Reply

This is probably a better question for your local DMV. Unfortunately we do not have an answer for you but we would love to hear back from you to find out!

Reply

How long does it take to get confirmation I have received the exemption. I sent mine in and had a doctor sign it too. I just don’t know how long and if they send it by email or mail?

Reply

Is there something like a sticker I can put on my car so I don't keep getting pulled over with an exemption?

Reply

Post a Comment